If you develop a cavity or sustain other minor tooth damage, our dentists may recommend a dental filling to repair and restore your tooth. Here at Next Care Dental, we use only composite, or tooth-colored, dental fillings to give you the most natural, aesthetic and long-lasting result possible. To set up an appointment with Dr. Harsh Patel or Dr. Thuy Vu and learn more about tooth-colored dental fillings in Houston, Texas, call our team at 713-952-0522 or text us at 832-350-8776!
Dental fillings are simple, yet highly effective, restorations used to repair minor to moderate tooth damage, such as that caused by decay, minor fracturing or chipping. Dental fillings work by “filling in” the damaged portion of the tooth, restoring it to its original structure and function.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made using a silver amalgam material. However, thanks to advances in materials and treatment technologies, our dentists and team can now provide you with tooth-colored fillings made from a durable composite material. We have chosen composite fillings due to their capacity to produce a more natural-looking final result and their ability to promote better long-term results for your teeth, smile and oral health.
Benefits of composite fillings include:
- A material that adheres to your tooth, enhancing its structural integrity
- Reduced risk of future fractures and breakages in the treated tooth
- Insulation against temperature shifts from foods and drinks
- Enhanced seals around the damaged areas, bolstering the treated tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to address smaller cavities that could not be effectively treated with a silver amalgam filling
- Fillings that can be repaired or replaced without being removed from the tooth
- A safer and healthier option, as no mercury or other metals are used in the filling material
When you receive a filling, our dentists will thoroughly clean your tooth to remove all traces of decay. We will then select filling material in a shade that harmonizes with your natural tooth color. The filling material will be placed and then shaped and sculpted to match the natural contours of your tooth. Finally, our dentists will harden the filling to complete your treatment. This can all be completed in a single visit to our office.
For additional information about tooth-colored dental fillings or to schedule an appointment with our skilled dentists, please contact our office today.